This list is intended to be used by CCMs from shortly following TCC meeting up to 21 days after TCC (the exact deadlines each year are provided on the WCPFC Compliance Monitoring Scheme webpage) this is the period that CCMs may provide additional information which is restricted to that which only requires administrative consideration by the Secretariat to fill an information gap. The development of this list is based on TCC decisions about whether a particular obligation may be met with the provision of additional information.
The list is specific for each CCM has one or more ‘non-compliant’ or ‘priority non-compliant’ issues identified and where TCC considered that the particular information gap could be met with the provision of additional information up to 21 days after TCC, can view these potential issues and provide additional information using the online interface.
Paragraph 40 and 41 of CMM 2019-06 states as follows:
40. CCMs may provide additional information up to 21 days after TCC. Additional information is restricted to that which only requires administrative consideration by the Secretariat to fill an information gap. This paragraph shall not apply to substantive issues. TCC shall consider whether a particular obligation may be met with the provision of additional information.
41. The Secretariat shall update the compliance status of CCMs, 21 days after the deadline to submit additional information, based on the additional information provided by CCMs as outlined in paragraph 40. A summary of these updates shall be submitted to the Commission for their consideration, along with the pCMR.
From the WCPFC Intranet Home Page, click on Provisional CMR Issues -20xx link, it will take you to the page showing the list of potential issues. You will be able to see and to provide additional information only for your own provisional issues (in other words, you have no access to other CCM’s provisional CMR issues):
In order to provide Additional Information for a particular obligation in response to the TCC assessment, follow the procedure below.
- Click on the three dots (…) next to the CMR Requirement column for the CCM you wish to provide additional information; then click on Edit Item, as shown below
- On the above form, there is a field named ‘CCM Additional Information’. Use this field to provide any information as applicable relevant to this particular obligation (‘CMR Requirement’). Pdf and word files can also be attached.
- If you intend the additional information to result in a revised assessment at WCPFC17, tick the box that says “Request Change of TCC Assessment”, then choose the appropriate choice in “Requested New Status”
- Once you have entered additional information, click on Save button to save the record. You will see that the information you provided is now inserted as appropriate:
- If needed, you can change and/or amend information already entered simply by following the above procedure (i.e. click on three dots first, then click ‘Edit’, etc.)
- In accordance with CMM 2019-06 paragraph 40, this list will be left available for relevant CCMs to submit information until the close of business on the 21st day after TCC
- If CCMs do complete their additional information submissions earlier than the deadline, the Secretariat would appreciate being advised by email that we can take the information as complete.