Considering the Conservation and Management Measures CMM 2019-06, in particular paragraph 7 and Annex I, since 2019 the CMR groups the various reporting requirements into four major categories: “implementation”, “quantitative limits” “report” and “report deadline”
For ease of reference this is the text of CMM 2019-06 paragraph 7:
7. The Commission shall undertake an annual assessment of compliance by CCMs during the previous calendar year with the priority obligations identified under paragraph 6. Such assessment shall be determined based on the following criteria:
(i) For a CCM-level quantitative limit or collective CCM quantitative limit, such as a limit on fishing capacity, fishing effort, or catch, verifiable data indicating that the limit has not been exceeded.
(ii) For other obligations:
a. Implementation – where an obligation applies, the CCM is required to provide information showing that it has adopted, in accordance with its own national policies and procedures, binding measures that implement that obligation; and
b. Monitor and ensure compliance – the CCM is required to provide information showing that it has a system or procedures to monitor compliance of vessels and persons with these binding measures, a system or procedures to respond to instances of non-compliance and has taken action in relation to potential infringements.
Depending on the time of year and the point in the annual CMR cycle each CCMs view of the current Compliance Monitoring Report will differ:
- From late July - mid-September each CCM can view only its own draft Compliance Monitoring Report
- From mid-September each CCM can view all CCMs and collective obligations provisional Compliance Monitoring Reports
- After the TCC (~mid-October) the provisional Compliance Monitoring Report is released and each obligation will include Potential Issue - TCC outcome
- After the Regular Annual Session (~mid/late December) the final Compliance Monitoring Report is released and each obligation will include the Compliance Issue - Final outcome
Navigating to Compliance Monitoring Report - 20xx
From the WCPFC Intranet Home Page, click on Compliance Monitoring Report - 20xx link, it will take you to the page which displays the report.
The first view that you will see is the ‘Group by Section’ view which displays the report grouped into sections that comprise the CMR:
- You can expand each section further to review individual obligations:
- You can also change the view by clicking on ‘Print View’ button:
- In ‘Print View’ all CMR sections are already expanded and you can view and scroll through records that represent individual CCM and individual obligations